AfterBurn 2022 will be Nov 4 – Nov 7, 2022 held at Camp La Llanada in Lake Wales, Florida. This year’s theme is Martian Disco!
Covid Policy (as of 4/8/22)
Please be advised that certain additional restrictions and requirements may be necessary due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic. More information will be communicated in advance of the event.
- We encourage everyone who can be to be vaccinated and boosted.
- If you are not vaccinated or you are immuno-compromised, we suggest that you wear a mask at all times.
- To enter AfterBurn, you will be required to present one of the following:
- Proof of vaccination (copy or photo of your vaccine card) OR
- Negative test result taken within 24 hours of gate arrival
- Home tests are acceptable
- Picture of negative test result is acceptable and
- Must include your id, you negative result and a date/time stamp
- How to add Date/Time on Android phone: https://www.alphr.com/add-date-time-stamps-photo-android/
- How to add Date/Time on Iphone: https://www.alphr.com/add-date-time-stamps-photos-iphone/
- Participants are encouraged to request a free test or purchase a test
- After entrance, all participants will be asked to sign a COVID acknowledgement of the inherent risks of a public event as well as confirming vaccinated or a negative test result.
- Exposure to Covid-19 is an inherent risk in any public location. We cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.
- We ask that if you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue or have been exposed to an individual who has tested positive within 14 days of the event, please do not attend AfterBurn.
- Your ticket will be valid for our next event.
Use the button above to purchase any of the following:
- Reserved Member and Core Tickets are Open until Monday, Oct 10th at 11:55 pm.
- Tier 1 General Sales are Open.
- Tier 2 General Sales TBD.
- Ticket Assistance will open on Monday, Oct 3rd at 6 pm.
- Applications will be accepted until Friday, Oct 21st at 11:55 pm
- Applications will not be accepted after Friday, Oct 21st unless without Board approval
- Ice pogs (ice is available by presale only; ice is the same size as past burns)
- Ice Pog pick-up will be on Saturday and Sunday only. Times to be announced prior to event.
- Vehicle passes. Unless you are walking, riding your bike, or carpooling to PreHeat, you MUST have a vehicle pass. (A vehicle pass covers a small utility trailer or uhaul trailer.)
- RV passes. For any RV, buses, vans, campers including the tow vehicle and car camping.
MORE EVENT DETAILS TO KNOW:
- CABINS are open for reservation. Following Cabins are available: 3, 4, A, B, C, D, 8, 9, 10
- Go to the Cabins page for more info & to sign-up.
- Cabin security deposit is due within 48 hours of invoice.
- Last day to reserve a cabin is Sunday, Oct 16th at 11:55 pm.
- Last day to pay Cabin fee is Friday, October 21st at 11:55 pm
- Cabin Request Application: https://forms.gle/y167zRbWgKtfR4XQ9
- ART APPS ARE OPEN! Event Art Grants and Burnable Art Grants.
- Burnable Art Applications for Effigy and Temple are due no later than Friday, Oct 7th at 11:55 pm
- Event Art Grants Applications are due by Friday, Oct 7th at 11:55 pm for priority consideration and funding.
- Late Event Art Grant Applications will be accepted after Friday, Octh 7th until Friday, Oct 14th at 11:55 pm and will be subject to any remaining funding
- Go to the Art page for more info.
- Burnable Art Grant Application: https://forms.gle/VCL8m2VVYizahdm78
- Event Art Grant Application: https://forms.gle/zi2L1mbrZsdyvswF8
- THEME CAMP REGISTRATION is OPEN.
- Theme Camp Application: https://forms.gle/vHp4UiVTdA43YznG8
- Deadline for priority placement is Friday, Oct 7th at 11:55 pm
- Registration closes on Sunday, Oct 16th at 11:55 pm for final placement or request for changes/adjustments.
- Final day to remove/cancel registration is Sunday, Oct 23rd at 11:55 pm. (We know things happen; so kindly let us know if you are not able to join us.)
- VOLUNTEER SHIFTS are open and sign-up is via the website on the Volunteer page or via the link: https://floridaafterburn.com/volunteering/
- The OUTDOOR KITCHEN is available for reservation again for your group to use to feed hungry burners.
- Complete the application to reserve your day and time: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdpz_Pxarsep_Y0vR6Jq8ky42BcWEe5pUuLwegXK48BzyCGVg/viewform
- Reservations are first come, first served
- You must provide your own cooking needs and must LEAVE NO TRACE.
- DOGS will be on hand to assist with any setup, such as propane.
- Last day to reserve the Outdoor Kitchen pre-event will be Sunday, Oct 16th at 11:55 pm
- You may sign-up on site at the Info Booth.
The Official Placement Map, What When Where Guide, and Survival Guide are COMING SOON!
You can download the map and What, When, Where Guide in PDF format (coming soon!)
The Blurb of Bob
Read our newsletter, The Blurb of Bob, for the most up-to-date news about everything Burn-related, including tickets, theme camps, and art. You’ll find all the blurbs, along with other timely announcements, on our News & Updates page.
We recommend you sign up for the joint Burnt Oranges/Burn email list, so you don’t miss any of these announcements! And if you are on Facebook, follow the Florida PreHeat & AfterBurn News & Updates page.
PreHeat and AfterBurn has official regional event status from Burning Man and is an all-volunteer, non-commodified annual event based on the 10 Principles of Burning Man. Our sponsoring organization is Burnt Oranges, a Florida-based 501(c)3 nonprofit that is dedicated to cultivating interactive art.